Hello Members of Unifor Local 506:
This is Alain Boudreau, chair of the 2017 Election Committee with an update for members regarding the upcoming election this fall. Local 506 will be accepting nominations for the following position:
- Unifor Local 506 Vice President with the term of office ending in 2020
Nominations will be made at the September Sub-Local meetings as follows:
- Region 1 - Saint John Union meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 12th 5:30 pm at the Union Office, 580 Main Street/Hilyard Place Building B, Suite 202.
- Region 2 - Moncton Union meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 19th 7 pm at the Moncton Lions Community Centre, 473 St. George Street.
- Region 3 - Fredericton Union meeting scheduled for Wednesday, September 27th 5:30 pm at the Ramada, 480 Riverside Drive in the Mayqueen Room.
- Region 3 - Woodstock Union meeting scheduled for Thursday, September 28th 5:30 pm at the Woodstock CO on Chapel Street.
- Region 4 - A Pen, Bathurst, Campbellton, Edmundston, Doaktown & Miramichi Union meeting scheduled for Monday, September 18th at 5:30 pm via conference call and members are asked to meet at the usual CO locations.
All nominees are asked to forward their resume to the Union office on or before September 30th, 2017
The Election Committee will then meet on October 2, 2017 to perform its duties as per Article 8, Section 8.01 of the Unifor Local 506 By-laws. If an election period is required, the Election Committee will declare it to be from October 15th to October 31st with the online polls open for voting for that two-week time period. An email will be sent to you shortly with a user name and password that you will need in order to submit your vote online.
As usual, this election will be conducted online and the results will be announced on November 1, 2017.